What is it?
Development finance is funding for property construction projects, from new-builds to extensive conversions and renovations. It is a niche area of the property finance market, which is why we have carefully selected only a few specialist principal lenders with many years’ experience lending in this sector.
The right development finance is crucial for any property construction to be a success. We know the importance of getting your finance in place as swiftly as possible, so you can concentrate on the smooth running of your project.
Who is it for?
We offer development finance for primarily residential, but also business and mixed-use schemes. Our development finance is split into two categories:
- Rebuild – finance to facilitate comprehensive structural changes to an existing property
- Land – finance to fund an entire development project, from the purchase of land through to the completion of the new-build
For less comprehensive works see our Light and Heavy Refurbishment finance options
- Flexible funding options tailored to your building schedule
- Funding for rebuilds and land purchases
- Loans anywhere between £100,000 and £2.5m
Major changes to properties require planning permission. Before searching for finance, ensure you have the right planning approval in place, as your plans and budget may change
Compare multiple quotes for your building costs to ensure you are getting value for money
We recommend you apply for slightly more than required for your build to accommodate unforeseen costs that might arise