Welcome to the December 18 CPC Finance newsletter. Keep up to date with the news and our views on the property finance market.
Merry Christmas one and all
2018 has been another year of rapid changes and new regulation - from new HMO licenses to changes to energy efficiency rules. Love money has a handy summary of the key regulatory changes this year.
Of course, as we come to the end of it and contemplate the year to come, Brexit is on everybody's minds. Despite this, we feel positive about how the market will evolve in the next year. We look forward what 2019 brings!
A heads up on our activity next year
Next year we are participating in a range of events and auctions. If you are at them, it would be lovely to see you there. We will be at the Dedman Gray auctions in Southend as well as the following National Landlord Investment Shows.
- Midlands Landlord Investment Show - 15th May in Birmingham
- London Landlord Investment Show - 13th June at London Olympia
- London Landlord Investment Show - 5th November at London Olympia
We also look forward to inviting you to our next Investor Day in 2019 so watch this space for more details.
Looking to next year there are more changes coming the way of landlords. Here are some of the developments to be aware of:
- Multiple changes announced at the 2018 Budget coming into effect from April 2019
- Further mortgage interest tax relief restrictions - down to 25% in April 2019. By 2020, the percentage of finance costs deductible from rental income will be 0%.
- As part of the Tenant Fees Bill currently going through Parliament, the Government has announced a reduction in the cap on the security deposit that tenants need to pay to secure a home down from 6 weeks’ rent to 5 for annual rentals of under £50,000.
Christmas opening hours
Make sure you are up to date with our festive opening hours.
Monday 24th closed
Tuesday 25th closed
Wednesday 26th closed
Thursday 27th 10.00 – 4.00
Friday 28th 10.00 – 4.00
Monday 31st closed
Tuesday 1st closed
Wednesday 2nd normal hours
Have a good festive break!