The Hometrack UK House Price Index analyses housing market trends at a city level on a monthly basis – across 20 cities, plus regions, and nationally.
- UK house prices fall 1.3% over the last 6 months
- Rate of price falls has slowed as activity levels recover
- Stronger growth in new sales brings more sellers into the market
- Above average activity in the N. East, Scotland and London
- Weaker demand but sales hold up in Midlands and southern England
- Regional trends explained by recent price inflation and affordability
- Mortgage regulations have tempered the impact of higher mortgage rates on house prices.
- The prospect of higher mortgage rates in H2 is likely to weaken demand and activity but the scale depends on how high rates move.
You can download the latest full report from the Hometrack website.