The Hometrack UK House Price Index analyses housing market trends at a city level on a monthly basis – across 20 cities, plus regions, and nationally.
- Rate of monthly house price growth falls to the lowest rate since December 2019, with average values up just +0.1% in May
- Average house prices are up +8.4% on the year, taking the average value to £251,550
- Wales continues to lead price growth, up +11.4% on the year while London lags at 3.9%
- Emerging signs of impetus in the market slowing, with activity receding from record highs with sales agreed down 13% yoy
- Buyers expected to become more price sensitive as mortgage rates rise, leading to a slowing in the rate of price growth in H2
You can read the latest full report online on the Hometrack website.