The Hometrack UK House Price Index analyses housing market trends at a city level on a monthly basis – across 20 cities, plus regions, and nationally.
- Annual house price growth slows but the worst of the month-on- month price falls are now behind us
- Demand continues to recover as the number of new sales grows
- First-time buyers (FTBs) were the largest buyer group in 2022 and look set to be a strong source of new sales again in 2023
- 3-bed homes remain the most in-demand property for FTBs (40%) but there is a clear shift in FTB demand towards 2-bed flats
- Income to buy a 3-bed FTB home has increased by £7,350 since 2020 but this varies by geography
- The housing market is more balanced than for some years and sales could exceed 1m over 2023 if current trends continue.
You can download the latest full report from the Hometrack website.