The Hometrack UK House Price Index analyses housing market trends at a city level on a monthly basis – across 20 cities, plus regions, and nationally.
- Buyers looking for 1 and 2 bed flats in January 2023
- House price growth ground to a standstill in Q4 2022, dragging the annual rate of house price inflation lower to +6.5%
- Most regions registered small price falls in Q4 2022
- Demand has rebounded to pre-pandemic levels, in line with 2018 and 10% higher than in 2019
- It’s going to be a slow start to Q1. Early buyers are focusing on flats with a shift away from houses in response to higher borrowing costs and the hit to buying power
- We expect demand to improve further in the coming months as mortgage rates continue to fall and would-be movers realise that large price falls are unlikely to materialise.
You can download the latest full report online from the Hometrack website.