The Zoopla UK House Price index powered by Hometrack analyses housing market trends at a city level on a monthly basis – across 20 cities, plus regions, and nationally.
You can read the latest full report online on the Hometrack website.
The headlines from the Q3 2021 Rental Market Report from Hometrack are:
- Strong rental demand in Q3 pushes rental growth to the highest level in 13 years
- UK rents are rising at +4.6% per annum, amid a doubling of demand in major city centres
- Rental demand will remain higher than supply – the availability of properties to let is 43% below the five-year average
- Even with rental growth, affordability of rents across the UK remain in line with the five-year average, at 37% of income
- Rental growth in the UK excl London is at +6%, and we expect this growth to ease to 4.5% by the end of 2022